WORKSHOPS AND WEBCASTS
SCS specializes in creating skill-building workshops and webcasts that combine technical education with soft skills development incorporating industry relevant case studies. SCS creates workshops to match every skill level – from the industry novice to the seasoned veteran. Topics and activities can be customized to meet your specific business requirements, or you can select from the pre-designed workshops already available. You can choose the format that best suits your needs – onsite interactive programs, live webcasts or recorded webcasts. Our topics are designed to qualify for ASPPA and NIPA continuing education credits; some content will also qualify for ERPA continuing education credits.
- Customer Service, Communication and Team Building
- Bridging the Employee Generation Gap
- Management and Leadership Training
- Qualified Plan Technical Training
- Unraveling the Mystery of Plan Compliance
- Evolution of Qualified Plans
- 401(k) and 403(b) "Bootcamps" (intensive learning sessions for ASPPA exams or specific topics)
- Ethics and Professionalism
"I don't know what we would have done without SCS. We were able to accomplish more than we thought possible this year."
– Experienced administrator, midwest retirement services firm
"The customer service training was especially good (compared to other training we've had) because the case studies and exercises related to 'our world.'"
– Professional development workshop attendee
"SCS is a great resource for us while we are growing. We look forward to being smarter in the new year."
Owner, start-up midwest retirement services firm
"The instructor was excellent, and she was obviously passionate about what she was teaching, which resonated throughout the session and kept everyone engaged. It was fantastic to have her break down the past, present and future advances of qualified plans. She presented many real examples that applied the material to the work we do everyday."
– Insurance company attendee – “Evolution of Qualified Plans”
"This was one of the most useful and informative seminars I have been to. It was full of practical information and updates that were presented in an easy to understand manner."
– Terrie Plewes, SI Group Hawaii (Industry Update and Communication/Customer Service session attendee)
"It was very beneficial to have customer service training that relates to our retirement plan business. SCS did an outstanding job with their presentation and their training has made a positive impact on our company."
– Janet Hanson, Alliance Benefit Group – Minnesota (Customer Service session attendee)
"SCS customized their training to meet our needs and concerns with managing. Training session was very beneficial for old and new managers."
– Management and Leadership session attendee
"A really good high level look at the evolution of retirement plans and how legislation has shaped where we are today. The discussion of the current economy and where proposed legislation might be taking us in the future was both interesting and informative. The speaker has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with the audience and made one feel almost as if it was just 'industry folks chatting' as opposed to someone getting up in front of you and reading to you from a power point presentation. Engaging. Loved it! Come back again!"
– Evolution of Qualified Plans session attendee, OneAmerica employee